1. Ticket Price and Admission Cost For Adlabs Imagica
|DAY||CHILD TICKET AT ADLABS IMAGICA||ADULT TICKET AT ADLABS IMAGICA|
|Weekend||Rs 1,200||Rs 2,000||Rs 1,500||Rs 2,200|
|Weekend + Holidays||Rs 1,600||Rs 2,600||Rs 1,900||Rs 3,000|
- Children under the age of 3 DO NOT NEED A TICKET at Adlabs Imagica. It’s FREE for them.
- Adult Admission Ticket (Full Ticket) is applicable for visitors over the age of 12.
- EXPRESS ticket allows visitor to directly access rides without waiting in queue.
|TABLE OF CONTENT|
2. Address, Map and Road Route to Adlabs Imagica
|30/31, Sangdewadi, Near Khopoli, Pali-Khopoli Road (State Highway 92), Off Mumbai-Pune Express Way, Taluka Khalapur, District Raigad, Maharashtra 410206, India. Telephone Contact: +91-22-42130405″||
View Road Map and Directions to Adlabs Imagica (Near Khopoli) in a larger map
- Nearest Train Station to Imagica: Khopoli (10 Km)
- Nearest Airport to Adlabs IMagica: Mumbai (70 Km), Pune (90 Km)
3. Road Route from Mumbai to Adlabs Imagica
- From Mumbai travel to Navi Mumbai (Vashi, Palm Beach Road, Belapur, Kharghar, Kalamboli) and get onto the Mumbai Pune Expressway (NH4, Yashwantrao Chawan Express way).
- Exit the Mumbai-Poona Expressway at the Khalapur Toll Plaza (Khopoli Toll Naka). The Khalapur Toll Naka is on the left. Distance from start of the Mumbai Pune Express way, at Kalamboli (McDonald’s), to Khalapur/Khapoli exit, is 33.5 Km.
- 0.5 Km from the Expressway Khopoli Exit, the road splits into two. The North Road (left) goes to Khopoli and Khalapur towns. Take the South Road (Sharp right). This is the Khopoli – Pali Road (State Highway 92).
- To reach Adlabs Imagic travel straight south for 3.7 Km on the “Khopoli Pali” Road.
(Please view the above Road Map to Adlabs Magica)
4. Road Directions from Pune to Adlabs Imagica
- From Poona reach the Mumbai – Pune Expressway. Cross Urse/Talegaon Toll Naka on the Expressway.
- Next destination is Khopoli in the North. This can be reached in two ways.
- First Khopoli road route is to take the Lonavala Exit and travel to Khapoli on the old Mumbai – Pune Highway (NH47).
- Second (and better) Khopoli route is to Cross the Lonavala and Khandala Ghat Section on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and at the end of the ghat, as the road is reaching flat land, there is an exit to Khapoli on the left.
- Keep travelling West and cross Khopoli. Travel west until you reach Khapoli – Pali Road (State Highway 92). Hotel Shree Krishna is the landmark. Turn straight South on the Pali – Khopoli Road and Imagica is 4.0 Km away.
- Alternately, visitors from Pune can take a U-turn just before the Khalapur Toll Naka.
(Please view the above Road Map to Adlabs IMagica)
5. Key Highlights of Adlabs Imagica Theme Park (Khopoli)
- Adlabs Imagica is India’s Biggest International Standard Entertainment Theme Park (Amusement Park). It is an ideal Family Fun destination.
- Adlabs Imagica has India and Asia’s largest Roller Coaster (“Nitro”), 4D Simulation rides, Free Fall from 132 feet (equal to a 12 storey building), Boat Ride among Dinosaurs, Rolling Scream Machine at a height of 142 feet, Junior Roller coaster, Water Games, India themed attractions (Mr India), 360 degree Cinema Dome, Special effects, and much more. Rides and attractions at Adlab IMagica are among the best in the world.
- Imagica is located near Khopoli and Khalapur. Adlabs Imagica is close to Mumbai (70 Km) and Pune (85 Km); just off the Mumbai – Pune Expressway (NH 4).
- At 80 acres, Adlabs Imagica is not only bigger than other popular theme parks in Asia, but it also has more thrilling rides (21 attractions). By comparison, Universal Studio Singapore has only 49 acres and fewer rides (Universal Studios Hollywood is even smaller). Hong Kong Disneyland has only 55 acres and fewer rides. Hong Kong’s Ocean Park has only 42 acres and fewer rides.
- Adlabs Imagica has 21 rides (19 currently operational), 3 stages shows, 4 types of Street Performances, Street Entertainers, Comic Characters and lip smacking Food.
- Adlabs Magica is divided into 6 zones from all over the world – “India”, “Viva Europa” (Europe), “Arabia “ (Middle East), “Asiana” (Futuristic world), “Americana” (USA), “Jambo Africa” (Africa).
6. Best Rides for Adults, Older Kids at Adlabs Imagica
Nitro – India’s Largest Roller Coaster at Adlabs Imagica
“Nitro” is India’s (and Asia’s) largest roller coaster. Imagica’s “Nitro” is an amazing Floor-less Roller Coaster which has a maximum speed of 104.9 Km/Hr (65.2 mph) and a maximum height of 132 feet (40m or 13 storey high). In addition, Nitro has 5 full 360 degree inversions. Nitro is located at Adlabs Imagica’s “Americana” Zone. Not just India, but it is probably the biggest Roller Coaster in Asia. Nitro is manufactured by Switzerland based Bolliger & Mabillard, who invented the inverted roller coaster.
Scream Machine at Imagica Entertainment Park
This machine rotates and goes up at an angle of 120 degrees. To live up to its name, the Scream Machine climbs to a height of 142 ft, which is the equivalent of a 13 storey building. This ride is in the “Americana” Zone. Minimum Height for Scream Machine is 4.33 ft.
Gold Rush Express at Adlabs IMagica
“Gold Rush Express“is a big Roller Coaster in the “Americana” Zone. Visitors race down from a height of 20 meters in this exciting roller coaster. Minimum Height for Gold Rush Express is 4.00 ft. Children above 3.50 ft (approximately 5+ years) have to be accompanied by an adult.
D2 Dare Drop at Adlabs Imagica
This ride is only for the strong hearted. This is a straight vertical Free Fall from a height of 132 feet, which is the equivalent of falling from a 12 storey building. This ride is in the “Americana” Zone. Minimum Height for D2 Dare Drop is 4.00 ft.
“I For India” at Adlabs Imagica
Viewers rise high above the ground and view a dazzling film about India. Film is shot from a helicopter. The movie is shown on a 90 feet indoor auditorium in the “India” area of Adlabs Imagica. Minimum Height for “I For India” is 4.00 ft (approx 7.5 years).
Rajasaurus River Adventure at IMagica
This River Adventure consists of a Boat Ride, through the land of the dinosaurs. Enjoy the unexpected twists and turns and the many dinosaurs. Rajasaurus River Adventure is in the “Jambo Africa” Zone at Adlabs Imagica.
Deep Space at Adlabs Imagica
This frightening, adrenaline pumping roller coaster is housed in a massive dome. Unlike conventional rollercoaster that start climbing slowly and then accelerate, this monster speeds up from the word GO. Be prepared to be dazzled. Minimum Height for Deep Space is 4.50 ft. (Note: This roller coaster will be operational in the second half of 2013).
7. Imagica Rides and Attractions for Kids and Family
Mr India – The Ride at Adlabs IMagica
Relive the magic of “Mr India” in this 4D motion simulation ride. Meet Mogambo, Mr India, Seema, Calender, the cute kids and Toota Phoota the robot. Anil Kapoor and Sridevi have given their voice for this ride. This mix of motion, film and advanced simulation is in the “India” Zone. The Mr India Car has jet packs and water blasters. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.33 ft (aprox 4.5+ years) and should be accompanied by an adult.
Alibaba Aur Chalis Chorr at Adlabs Imagica
Board a vehicle which travels on rails and using laser guns, shoot at the 40 “Chor” who are terrorizing Gulabad. Minimum height of Child should be above 2.67 ft and should be accompanied by an adult.
Splash Ahoy! at Adlab Magica
What a fun way to get wet on a hot sunny day. Get onto a pirate boat that travels on rails in the water and splash water on others using a water gun. This boat trip is in the “Viva Europa” Zone. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.17 ft (3+ years) and should be accompanied by an adult.
Magic Carousel at Imagica Theme Park
Small kids will enjoy this colorful and brightly lit merry-go-round. Minimum Height for the Magic Carousel is 3.50 ft (approx 4.5 years).
Loch Ness Expplorers
Loch Ness Explorers get onto a log that travels through water, while trying to escape water splashed by the Loch Ness Monster. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.00 ft (3 years) and should be accompanied by an adult.
Tubbby Takes Off Merry Go Round at IMagica
Elephant Tubby Merry-Go-Round rises above the ground. This ride is in the “Viva Europa” Zone. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.17 ft (3+ years).
Cinema 360- Prince of the Dark Waters
“Prince of the Dark Waters “is an amazing 360 degree Dome film with a screen size of 3,100 sq ft. Viewers will experience the sensation of being immersed in water with mermaids. 6 Christie projectors project this tale on the screen. Minimum height for this attraction is 4.00 feet (approx 7 years). Kids should be accompanied by adults.
Save the Pirate at Magica
Children row boats to save a pirate. This boat ride is in the “Viva Europa” Zone. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.17 ft (approx 3 years).
Curse of Salimgarh at Adlabs Imagica
Walk through the creepy dungeons of Salimgarh. Be ready to be spooked. This adventure takes place in the “India” Zone of Imagica. Minimum height of Child should be above 2.67 ft and should be accompanied by an adult.
Bandits of Robin Hood Roller Coaster at Adlabs Imagica
“Bandits of Robin Hood” is Adlabs Imagica’s junior Roller Coaster (“Gold Rush Express“, “Nitro’ and “Deep Space” are the adult roller coasters). This rollercoaster is in the “Viva Europa” Zone. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.33 ft (4+ years) and should be accompanied by an adult.
Wrath of the Gods Show at Adlabs Imagic
This show is a mix of Special Effects, Multimedia and Live Theatre. This show is in the “India” Section. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.00 ft (3 years) and should be accompanied by an adult.
Mambo Chai Chama- Crazy Tea Cups
Spin around in giant tea cups. This mind boggling attraction is in the the “Jambo Africa” Section.
Bump It Boats Ride at Adlabs Imagica
This water sport is the water equivalent of Bumping Cars. Bump into a neighbor’s boat. This ride is in the “Viva Europa” Section. Minimum height of Child should be above 3.33 ft (4+ years) and should be accompanied by an adult.
8. Six Zones/Sections at Adlabs Imagica Theme Park
Imagica Theme Park has the following 6 Sections/Zones
- Viva Europa
- Jambo Africa
Stage Shows at Adlabs Imagica
- Blow Your Troubles Away With Neera: Every evening, Adlabs Imagica’s resident mermaid, Neera, appears at the lagoon in the center and sings her songs. The water fountains in the lagoon dance to the music.
- Focus To Fly!: Tubbby the elephant will tell stories to kids and then he will make them fly in the air.
- Electric Enigma: Every evening there will be a dazzling Laser show.
Street Entertainment at Adlabs’ Imagica
- Floating Baba: The Floating Baba can be found in the “Arabia” zone performing magic tricks.
- Flippers: Spectacular stunts performed in “Asiana” section.
- BoomBoxers: Boom Boxer performers at the “Americana” section will make visitors dance to their tune.
- Imagicarnival: Jugglers, clowns, magicians, performers, stilt walkers, cartoon characters, etc can been found all over the Adlabs Imagica amusement park.
Restaurants and Food at Adlabs Magica
The 6 restaurants at Adlabs Imagica are:
- ZEZE Bar + Grill: This restaurant and bar has an tribal African theme. It has a live grill and barbeque.
- Imagica Capital Indian Buffet Restaurant: Restaurant offers a buffet with food from all over India. This restaurant will be operational in a few weeks.
- Imagica Capital Italian Restaurant: Delicious Italian food set in an Italian town setting. This is the only full service restaurant at Imagica (others are self-service). This restaurant will be operational in a few weeks.
- Red Bonnet American Diner: Set in the American 60’s, food served is typical American (Burgers, Fries, Shakes, etc)
- Roberto’s Food Coaster: Indian, Mexican, Italian and Asian food, which arrives on a moving roller coaster.
- Arrmada Tapas Bar: Open air restaurant on the deck of a wooden ship.
9. Tips for Visitors and Tourist to Adlabs Imagica
- Since Imagica theme park is spread over 80 acres, a stroller/pram for children below the age of 4 is advisable. Expect to walk a lot. Strollers are also available on hire at Imagica.
- Adults and older kids, may wish to make a dash to the “Americana” Zone, which has the most exciting rides.
- Expect to sweat a lot. Visitors should ensure that they drink adequate quantities of water and fluids.
- A free shuttle service is available to transport visitors to attractions. Make use of this shuttle and give your feet a rest.
- Bags are not allowed in the park. Outside Food is not allowed in the park. Do not bother to get packed food, water bottles, etc in to the park. Only feed and fluids for infants are allowed.
- Carry a hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun. Preferably wear cotton/linen clothes on hot days. Wear sunglasses. Bring umbrellas, rain coats during the monsoon season.
- Wear comfortable footwear because you will walk a lot.
- There is a high probability that necklaces, bracelets, jewelry, mobile phones, loose change, wallets, spectacles, etc can drop off during rides. It is advisable to come to the entertainment park without expensive jewelry.
- Point and shoot cameras are allowed, but professional cameras and equipment (DSLR, tripod, detachable lens, etc) are not allowed.
- On days that it rains, it is advisable to check with park officials on whether rides will operate.
- Carry an extra change of clothes since some rides involve water (“Loch Ness Expplorers”, “Splash Ahoy”, “Save the Pirate”, “Bump It Boats”). There is a charge for lockers at the park.
- Wheel chairs are available at Adlabs Imagica Amusement Park. These are recommended for elderly visitors.
- Avoid rides immediately after consuming food.
Opening Time and Theme Park Timing of Imagica
Adlabs Imagica Opening Timing: 11:00 am
Adlabs Imagica Closing Timing: 9:00 pm (Rides stop at 8:00 pm)
10. Adlabs Water Park and Future Expansion at Adlabs Imagica
Adlabs Imagica is built in 3 phases.
- Phase 1: Adlabs Imagica, with the international quality rides and shows, started operations from 18 April, 2013.
- Phase 2: Adlabs Imagica Water Park will become operational by early 2014. The Water Park will have 14 rides/attractions.
- Phase 3: A 300 room hotel is under construction at Adlabs Imagica and is expected to open in December, 2013.
All these 3 phases will be spread over 110 acres of land. The promoters have an additional 190 acres (total 300 acres) for future expansion. The promoters of Adlabs Imagica, expect to receive 3 million visitors in the first full year of operation.
Promoters and Owners of Adlabs Imagica
Manmohan Shetty: Adlabs Imagica is built and operated by Manmohan Shetty’s Adlabs Entertainment Limited (AEL). Manmohan Shetty promoted “Adlabs Films Ltd” which was a film processing, film production, film distribution, film exhibition and cinema hall (under “Adlabs” and “IMAX” banner) company. “Adlabs Films” was sold to Anil Ambani in 2006 and was renamed “Reliance MediaWorks Ltd”.
To design, build and operate Imagica Entertainment Park, Shetty’s Adlabs Entertainment Ltd. has collaborated with American companies Attraction International, Sally Corporation and Contour Entertainment.
Imagic is self sustaining with it’s own small power plant, sewage treatment facility, a small dam and water treatment plant.
To break even financially, Manmohan Shetty’s Adlab’s Imagica Theme Park requires 1.75 million visitors a year.
Movies that Manmohan Shetty has produced/co-produced include Munnabhai MBBS, Gangajal, Rajneeti, Apaharan, Ardh Satya, Namastey London, Singh is Kinng, Johnny Gaddar, Waqt, Marigold, Taxi No.9211, Sarkar Raj, Bluffmaster, Chakra, Hip Hip Hurray, Holi, Tere Bin Laden, etc.
Manmohan Shetty started Walkwater Media Ltd in 2007. Walkwater Media is engaged in creating and producing content for films (“Tere Bin Laden”, “Rajneeti”, “Rita”), television programs (“Pratigya”).
Pooja Shetty Deora: Manmohan Shetty’s daughter is the Managing Director of Walkwater and Joint MD of Adlabs Imagica Ltd. She is married to Milind Deora, Congress MP and India’s Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (India). She hold a BSc degree from Purdue University, USA.
Aarti Shetty: Manmohan Shetty’s younger daughter is the Creative Head of Walk Water. She did a film direction course from New York University.
Total cost of Adlabs Imagica is Rs 16.5 Billion.
- One Day Tour of Main Tourist Attractions in Mumbai
- Mumbai Tourist Destination – Chowpatty Beach, Girgaon
- Mumbai Tourist Destination – Marine Drive
- Mumbai Tourist Destination – Boat Rides at Gateway Of India
- Tips for Tourist Visiting Mumbai
- Road Route, with map, from Mumbai to Goa
- Road Route from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani
- Road Route from Mumbai to Shirdi Sai Baba Temple
- Mumbai Tourist Attaction – Religious Places