Full Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival 2014
Please click on the PDF Link for the FULL SCHEDULE of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014. All 2014 Kala Ghoda Festival events with their timing and venue are listed.
|TABLE OF CONTENT|
Daily Schedule of Events at Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014
Please click on the below links for the Day-wise Schedule of Events at Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, 2014.
Saturday, 1 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Arts Festival Programme
Sunday, 2 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Arts Festival Schedule
Monday, 3 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Arts Festival Events and Schedule
Tuesday, 4 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Festival Events and Itinerary
Wednesday, 5 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Art Festival Events
Thursday, 6 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Festival Events and Timetable
Friday, 7 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Arts Festival Schedule and Events
Saturday, 8 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Festival Program and Events
Sunday, 9 Feb, 2014 – Kala Ghoda Arts Festival Schedule and Events
NOTE: Some “THEATRE” entries in the Daily Schedules are incorrect. Please refer to the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014 – Full Schedule for correct Theatre listing. Apologies for the inconvenience.
NOTE: Since Kala Ghoda area is a “Silence Zone”, the organisers gave the Mumbai High Court an undertaking that no Dance and Music events will be held at the main Kala Ghoda Festival venue of “Rampart Row” (K Dubashh Marg). This has an impact on the “Street Events” at Rampart Row.
Dates of the 2014 Kala Ghoda Festival in Mumbai
- Start Date of Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2014: February 1, 2014 (Saturday)
- End Date of Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014: February 9, 2014 (Sunday)
Mumbai’s Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014 (KGAF) is the second largest Arts Festival in the world. The 9 day KalaGhoda Festival has over 400 events in 11 categories. Entry to all events at Kala Ghoda Art Festival is free.
Events at Mumbai’s Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014 (KGAF)
The 2014 KalaGhoda Festival has over 470 events and 72 Visual Art Installations. It is the biggest Kala Ghoda Arts Festival ever.
- Children (63 events)
- Cinema (89 movies)
- Dance (38 dance performances)
- Food (14 live food demos)
- Literature (73 events including 12 workshops)
- Music (12 shows)
- Street Events (63 events)
- Theater (62 plays)
- Heritage Walks (18 walks and events)
- Workshops (47 workshops)
- Visual Arts Installations (72 Installations)
- Urban Design and Architecture (4 discussions)
In addition there are stalls at Kala Ghoda Festival which display and sell Art and Craft goods. NGOs too put up stalls at the Arts Festival.
Information and applications form for stalls at KalaGhoda Arts Festival 2014 is available at the Kala Ghoda Association website.
Location, Venue and Map of 2014 Kala Ghoda Art Festival
The Kala Ghoda Festival is centered at K Dubash Marg (Kala Ghoda). As the festival has grown, it has spread out to places around it. Map shows the key places where the Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2014 is held.
Kala Ghoda is at a distance of 1.5 Kms from Churchgate Station (Western Railway) and CST/VT Station (Central Railway). To get to Kalaghoda, one can either walk from the Mumbai Local Train Stations of Churchgate and CST or take a bus to either Kala Ghoda or Fort or Regal.
Venues for Events at Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014 (KGAF)
- Kala Ghoda Road or K Dubash Marg; Rampart Row Amphitheater
- Prince Of Wales Museum (“Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahlaya”): Museum Lawns, Coomaraswamy Hall, Visitors’ Centre
- National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA)
- David Sassoon Library
- Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS)
- Max Mueller Bhavan
- Town Hall Steps (Asiatic Library)
- Horniman Circle Garden
- Cross Maidan
- Gallery Beyond
- Institute of Contemporary Indian Art (ICIA) Gallery
- Artists Centre
- M C Ghia Hall (2nd Floor, Bhagilal Hargovindas)
- House of Tales (21, Dr V B Gandhi Marg)
- Tarq Gallery (F 35/36, Dhanraj Mahal)
- Gallery Beyond
- Parking Lot outside Jehangir Art Gallery
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014 – Participants and Visitors info
Entry to all events at Kala Ghoda Art Festival is FREE. This link has useful tips for visitors to the Kala Ghoda Festival.
Those interested in participating in the 2014 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF), should visit the Kala Ghoda Association website or send an email to the following:
- Children: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cinema: email@example.com
- Dance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Food: email@example.com
- Literature: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music: email@example.com
- Street Events: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theatre: email@example.com
- Heritage Walks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshops: email@example.com
- Visual Arts: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stalls: email@example.com
Video of a Street Event at Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
Kala Ghoda Association
The Kala Ghoda Association is the organizer of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF). In addition to the KGAF, the association is involved in improving the physical infrastructure in Kala Ghoda and in showcasing the art galleries and cultural organizations in this precinct.
- Biggest Events, Festivals, Cultural and Art Shows in Mumbai in 2014
- Tourist Attractions and Walking Tour of South Mumbai
- Mumbai’s Main Tourist Attractions and Activities for the entire Family
- List of Public and Bank Holidays in Mumbai, Maharashtra and India in 2014
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2013 – Visual Art Installations
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2013
- Useful Tips for Visitors to Kala Ghoda Festival
- A child’s visit to Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
- Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2012
- Mumbai’s Mount Mary Bandra Fair