Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is one of the biggest free cultural festivals in the world. All events at the Kala Ghoda Festival 2016 are FREE.
Schedule and Events at 2016 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
Daily Event Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival 2016
Please click on the below links to view the Daily Schedule of the 2016 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival.
- Wednesday 10 Feb, 2016 – Kala Ghoda Festival Schedule
- Thursday 11 Feb, 2016 – Kala Ghoda Festival Schedule
- Friday 12 Feb, 2016 – Kala Ghoda Festival Schedule
- Saturday 13 Feb, 2016 – Kala Ghoda Festival Schedule
- Sunday 14 Feb, 2016 – Kala Ghoda Festival Schedule
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2016 Start and End Dates
- START DATE of Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2016: 6 February, 2016 (Saturday)
- END DATE of Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2016: 14 February, 2016 (Sunday)
The 2016 Kala Ghoda Festival is extended by three days to coincide with the “Make In India” events that are taking place in Mumbai. Music and Dance events, as part of “Make In India”, will be held at Cross Maidan, from 15 to 17 February.
Events and Their Location at Kala Ghoda Festival 2016
The 2016 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival has 15 categories of events. The list of 2016 Kala Ghoda Festival events, along with their venue are listed below:
- Children Events at KGAF 2016: Museum Garden (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Gardens)
- Children’s Literature at KGAF 2016: Kitab Khana (Somaiya Bhavan near Flora Fountain statue); Somaiya Centre
- Dance Events at KGAF 2016: Cross Maidan Gardens. Dance Workshops will be held at Somaiya Centre (Somaiya Bhavan near Flora Fountain statue) and Artisans.
- Movies and Films at KGAF 2016: Coomaraswamy Hall (CSMVS Museum Ground Floor), Visitor’s Centre (near entrance of Museum), Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS Ground Floor)
- Food Programs at KGAF 2016: Westside (Army Navy Building), Wisk, Serafina, Somaiya Centre
- Literature Events at KGAF 2016: David Sassoon Library Garden, Seminar Room of CSMVS Museum, Artist’s Centre, Kitab Khana and Somaiya Centre (Somaiya Bhavan near Flora Fountain statue)
- Street Events at KGAF 2016: Rampart Row (Kala Ghoda), Rampart Row (K Dubash Marg – Kala Ghoda)
- Music at KGAF 2016: Asiatic Society Library Steps, Cross Maidan Gardens
- Visual Arts Installations at KGAF 2016: Along Rampart Row, in the Parking Triangle outside Jehangir Art Gallery, Cross Maidan, Museum Garden, Art Entrance, Gallery 7, David Sassoon Library, Artists’ Centre. Art talk will be held at Tarq
- Workshops at KGAF 2016: Artisans, Artists’ Centre, Somaiya Centre (Somaiya Bhavan near Flora Fountain statue), Museum Garden (CSMVS)
- Theatre Plays at KGAF 2016: Horniman Circle Garden, National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), M. C. Ghia Hall (Kala Ghoda), Gallery Beyond
- Standup Comedy at KGAF 2016: Irish House (Kala Ghoda)
- Heritage Walks at KGAF 2016: At different locations in South Mumbai
- Urban Design and Architecture at KGAF 2016: Max Mueller Bhavan, National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), Art Entrance Art Gallery, JJ School of Architecture, Army Navy Building Lobby
- Make In India Festival at KGAF 2016: Make In India Dance and Music programs from 15 to 17 February, 2016, will be held at Cross Maidan.
Map of Venues of Kala Ghoda Festival 2016
Kala Ghoda is located in South Mumbai. K Dubash Marg is also known as Kala Ghoda.
Organizers of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
“Kala Ghoda Association” organizes the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival. “Kala Ghoda Association” was started by art galleries, cultural organizations and individuals from the Kala Ghoda precinct in Mumbai with the objective to conserve this unique heritage art district. Funds raised during the Kala Ghoda Festival are used to maintain this precinct and for restoration activities.
- Mumbai’s Tourist Places and Things to do for Families with Kids
- One Day Walking Tour And Map of Mumbai’s Main Tourist Places
- Top 10 Best and Most Famous Tourist Attractions in Mumbai
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2015