Main Attraction of Marine Drive
- Mumbai’s Marine Drive offers a stunning view of the Arabian Sea.
- Amazing 4.3 km, necklace shaped Sea Promenade. Great for a leisurely walk.
- Beautiful Sunset with Cool Breeze at Marine Drive.
- Large Collection of Art Deco Buildings, Cricket Maidans and Aquarium
- Nariman Point at Southern end and Chowpatty Beach at Northern End.
Main Sections at Marine Drive
- Beautiful 4.3 km long promenade along Marine Drive which overlooks the Arabian Sea. This is a favorite place of Mumbai residents to take a walk.
- Among the largest collect of Art Deco buildings in the world are along the center of Marine Drive.
- Key South Mumbai tourist destinations are East of Marine Drive, within a radius of 2.0 km. These include Gateway of India, Colaba, Museum, Kala Ghoda, Fort, VT, DN Road, Ballard Pier, Oval, Crawford Market, etc.
- Central Business District of Nariman Point is South of Marine Drive.
- Chowpatty Beach, with its Golden Sandy Beach, is to the north of Marine Drive. Beyond Chowpatty is the residential area of Walkeshwar and the wooded residence of the Governor of Maharashtra.
- 5 Cricket fields (or Maidans) are dotted along Marine Drive. Nice place to catch a game of Cricket.
- Small Tarapore Aquarium is located at the Southern End of Marine Drive.
Tips For Visiting Marine Drive
- During the summer months, day time temperature can get hot. Ideal time to walk around Marine Drive is in the morning or the evenings. Feel the cool breeze on your face as you take a walk along this awesome promenade.
- Watch the beautiful sunset at Marine Drive.
- Monsoon is a great time to visit Marine Drive because the sea waves splash onto the pavement. On the down side, this makes the pavement slippery.
Mumbai Tourist Attractions Near Marine Drive
- South Mumbai’s famous tourist destinations are located around Marine Drive. To the east are Churchgate, Fort, DN Road, VT/CST, Crawford Market, Ballard Pier, Oval, Gateway of India, Colaba, Museum, Art Galleries, Asiatic Library, Horniman Circle,
- Chowpatty Beach, Babulnath, ISKCON Temple are to the North of Marine Drive.
- Banganga (Holy Pond) and Hanging Garden are to the North or Marine Drive.
- Mani Bhavan, which is a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi is located to the North of Marine Drive.
Address & Map Of Marine Drive
|Marine Drive, South Mumbai, near Churchgate Station.|
How To Get To Marine Drive
- Train: Nearest Western Railway Suburban Train Stations are Charni Road, Marine Lines and Churchgate.
- Bus: Public buses that come to Charni Road, Opera House, Chowpatty, Marine Lines, Churchgate, Fort, Nariman Point and Mantralaya will come to Marine Drive.
One Day Tour of the Main Tourist Attractions of South Mumbai
Mumbai Girgaum Chowpatty Beach