At Miss World 2012, there are 7 Fast Track Events before the Semi-Final and Final. Contestants will receive points on a scoreboard for these events and these will get added to the candidate’s final points total. Hence these events and points on the scorecard are important for the contestants.
(click on button to view Miss World topic)
Miss World 2012 Scoreboard
Below Tables have information on Scoreboard Points of 2012 Miss World Contestants. The Scorecard also shows events for which contenders have qualified.
Remarkably, ONLY MISS JAMAICA, Deanna Robins has qualified and is in the FINALS for 5 EVENTS that have taken place. MISS PHILIPPINES, Quenerich Rehman, is in second place with 4 events. 14 contestants have 3 events to their names; these are Miss Australia, Miss Brazil, Miss China PR, Miss Colombia, Miss India, Miss Kazakhstan, Miss Kenya, Miss Mexico, Miss Mongolia, Miss Puerto Rico, Miss Spain, Miss Sweden, Miss Ukraine, Miss Wales. Do you see the eventual MISS WORLD 2012 in this list?
2012 Miss World Scoreboard Points of TOP 15 Contestants
|RANK||COUNTRY||POINTS ON SCOREBOARD||FINAL POSITION|
|1||Miss China PR||294||WINNER|
|3||Miss Jamaica||275||TOP 7|
|4||Miss India||271||TOP 7|
|5||Miss South Sudan||267||TOP 7|
|6||Miss Australia||256||3rd POSITION|
|7||Miss Wales||255||2nd POSITION|
|9||Miss Brazil||252||TOP 7|
Detailed Event Scoreboard of Contestants at Miss World 2012
|MISS WORLD CONTESTANTS||BEACH BEAUTY SEMI – FINALIST||TOP MODEL SEMI – FINALIST||TALENT||SPORT & FITNESS||DESIGNER AWARD||BEAUTY WITH A PURPOSE|
|Miss Australia||YES (Top 10)||YES (Finalist)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Austria||YES||YES (Shuttle Run)|
|Miss Bahamas||YES||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Barbados||YES (2nd in Swimming and Shuttle Run)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Belize||YES (Finalist)|
|Miss Bolivia||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Bosnia & Herzegovina||YES|
|Miss Brazil||YES (Top 10)||YES (Finalist)||YES (Singing)|
|Miss Chile||YES (Finalist)|
|Miss China PR||YES (Top 10)||YES (Finalist)||WINNER OF TALENT (Singing)|
|Miss Colombia||YES (Top 10)||YES||YES (Shuttle Run)|
|Miss Cote D’Ivoire||YES|
|Miss Curacao||YES (Dance)|
|Miss Czech Republic||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Denmark||YES||YES (Dance)|
|Miss Dominican Republic||YES (Relay)|
|Miss England||YES||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Equatorial Guinea||YES|
|Miss Germany||YES (Relay)|
|Miss Guadeloupe||YES (Top 10)||YES|
|Miss Guatemala||YES||YES||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Hong Kong, China||YES||YES|
|Miss Hungary||YES (Relay)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss India||YES||YES||WINNER of BEAUTY WITH A PURPOSE and MULTIMEDIA AWARD at MISS WORLD 2012|
|Miss Indonesia||YES||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Jamaica||YES||YES (Finalist)||TOP 5 AWARD (Dance)||YES (Relay)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Kazakhstan||YES||YES||YES (Dance)|
|Miss Kenya||YES||YES||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Latvia||YES||YES (Dance)|
|Miss Macau China||YES (Dance)||YES (1st in Swimming and Shuttle Run)|
|Miss Mexico||YES||YES (Finalist)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Mongolia||YES||YES||YES (Dance)|
|Miss Nepal||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Nigeria||YES (Top 10)||YES|
|Miss Northern Ireland||YES (Top 10)||YES (Shuttle Run)|
|Miss Norway||TOP 5 AWARD (Instrument + Singing)|
|Miss Panama||TOP 5 AWARD (Singing)|
|Miss Paraguay||YES (Instrument + Singing)||YES|
|Miss Peru||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Philippines||YES||YES||TOP 5 AWARD (Beat Boxing)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Poland||YES||YES (Finalist)|
|Miss Portugal||YES||YES (3rd in Swimming)|
|Miss Puerto Rico||YES||YES||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Sierra Leone||YES (Singing)|
|Miss Scotland||YES (1st in 100 Meter Run and Shuttle Run)|
|Miss Slovenia||YES (Relay)|
|Miss South Africa||YES|
|Miss South Sudan||YES||YES (TOP MODEL at MISS WORLD 2012)|
|Miss Spain||YES||YES (Finalist)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Sri Lanka||YES|
|Miss St Kitts and Nevis||YES (Instrument + Singing)|
|Miss Sweden||YES||YES||WINNER of MISS WORLD 2012 SPORT WOMAN (Winner of Penalty Shootout and Relay)||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss Trinidad and Tobago||YES||YES|
|Miss Uganda||YES (Winner of Penalty Shootout)|
|Miss Ukraine||YES||YES||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss United States||YES (Top 10)|
|Miss US Virgin Islands||YES (Singing)|
|Miss Wales||YES (WINNER of BEACH BEAUTY at MISS WORLD 2012)||YES||YES (Top 10)|
The Multimedia Award is a new Fast Track Challenge Event introduced this year at Miss World. The more the number of “LIKES” on a contestants Facebook Official Page, the higher the points that the contestants were receive. The Facebook votes of the Miss World contestants is as follows:
|RANK||MISS WORLD CONTESTANT||FACEBOOK VOTES (8 AUG)|
|12||Miss El Salvador||10,246|
Over the last two days Miss India, Vanya Mishra, has had an impressive increase in Facebook votes. She has moved up in rank to the 6th position. If she continues to get votes at the current rate, she will soon get ahead of Miss Philippines and Miss Vietnam. Other impressive votes gainers over the last two days have been Miss Thailand (9,500 additional votes), Miss Nepal (5,600), Miss Chile (2,200), Miss Paraguay (1,300), Miss Philippines (800) and Miss Mongolia (800). Other than Miss India, there has been no change in the TOP 15 ranking based on Facebook Votes. The TOP 15 contestants can be classified into 4 categories:
- Clear Leaders with over 130,000 votes: Miss Thailand and Miss Nepal
- Second Rung of Leaders with 33,500 to 58,500 votes: Miss Chile, Miss Philippines, Miss Vietnam, Miss India, Miss Paraguay
- Struggling to catch up with 10,000 to 15,500 votes: Miss Venezuela, Miss Peru, Miss Mexico, Miss Indonesia, Miss El Salvador
- The last rung with less than 8,500 votes: Miss Turkey, Miss Seychelles , Miss Guyana
There are seven Fast Track Challenge Events at 2012 Miss World where the contenders get to score points before the semi-finals. The seven Fast Track Events are:
1] Miss World 2012 Beauty with a Purpose
This fast track event has the MAXIMUM POINTS. Marks are given for charitable causes that participants support. From all the contestants, 30 will be selected.
2] Miss World 2012 Beach Beauty
Miss World 2012 contestants will be judged on different beach wear or swimsuit. Contest will be held in Ordus on Monday August 6, 2012 and there will be 20 final contenders.
3] Miss World 2012 Sports and Fitness
The participants are expected to be able to do exercises such as sit ups, jumping jacks, chair leg lifts, pushups, etc. They are timed while doing these exercises. The Final contest will have 20 contestants and will be held in Ordus on Wednesday, August 8, 2012. Contestants will compete in three disciplines (running, swimming, games) in individual and team events (4 teams of 5 each).
4] Miss World 2012 Performing Talent
In the “Performing Talent” Event, Miss World aspirants show cases their unique talent. The preliminary qualifying round was on 21 July, 2012. 24 contestants qualified for the 2012 Miss World Talent Show Final, which will is on Friday, August 10, 2012.
5] Miss World 2012 Top Model
The qualifying round to determine the TOP MODEL at Miss World 2012 was held in Ordos on 23 July, 2012. 47 contestants qualified for the Final of the Miss World 2012 Top Model Event on Sunday, August 12, 2012. For the Top Model prize, 2012 Miss World contestants will walk the ramp in gowns by a designer selected by the organizers.
6] Miss World 2012 World Fashion Designer Award
For the 2012 Miss World Fashion Designer Award, the participants walked the ramp in a dress (usually a gown), which was designed by a fashion designer from the country they represent. The World Fashion Designer Award was held in Shanghai on July 26, 2012.
7] Miss World 2012 Multimedia Award
This is a new Miss World Fast Track Challenge started from 2012. Starting July 25, Miss World 2012 contestants will be able to upload their pictures, videos, messages onto their special pages on the Miss World website. They will receive points for their web page. The aim is to make the Miss World contest more interactive.
- Large Worldwide audience will view the finals. Miss World is among the most viewed entertainment event in the world. It is also among the top entertainment events for which betting companies and websites receive the most gambling bets.
- Guest will be welcomed with an entertainment program
- ALL contestants (120+) will come on stage in a traditional dress from their country. There will be music and dance and each contestant will get a chance to showcase the dance and clothes from their country.
- Judges will be introduced.
- There will be an entertainment program while the girls change into their gowns.
- ALL contestants (120+) change into gowns and come on stage once again.
- Winners of the “Beauty with a Purpose” challenge and the “Multimedia Award” will be announced.
- The TOP 30 contestant scores will be displayed on a giant screen. The TOP 30 will stay back on stage and the other contestants will exit.
- Brief profiles of the TOP 30 contestants will be shown on the giant screen.
- The TOP 15 contestants based on the sum of the Preliminary Interview score and the scores of the 6 Fast Track Challenge Events will be the Semi-Finalist.
- There will be a Question and Answer session with each of the15 Semi-Finalist.
- Based on the Q&A, 7 Finalist will be selected.
- Each of the 7 Finalists will be asked questions.
- While the judges decide their final scores, all the contestants (120+) will come back on the stage for the announcement of the winners.
- The Second Runner Up will be announced, followed by the First Runner Up and then the Winner of the 2012 Miss World Title. Last year’s winners will crown the 2012 Miss World winners.
- The 3 winners will attend a special photo session for the world’s media. All contestants will attend the Miss World 2012 Coronation ball and dinner, before leaving for their respective countries the next day.