Here are Ganesh Photos of the best Ganesh Murtis in Mumbai during Ganesh Chaturthi 2017. Ganpati Photos of Mumbai’s Best Ganpati Idols and the most Famous Ganesh Idols are in this article.
The oldest and most famous Ganesh Mandals are in the South-Central area of Mumbai. Mumbai’s most visited Ganesh Pandal is “Lalbaug Cha Raja”. Devotees have to stand in line for hours to get darshan of “Lalbaugcha Raja”. If one is short on time and would like to visit some of Mumbai’s best Ganesh Pandals, this writer suggest visiting the below places. These places have a large concentration of Ganesh Mandals so visitors can see the most number of Ganpati Idols in the shortest time.
- KHETWADI: From Khetwadi Lane 2 to Lane 13, practically all lanes have a large Ganesh Pandal. In a distance of half a kilometre, Khetwadi is home to some of the most creative and beautiful Ganesh Murtis (Idols) in Mumbai. Although some of the Ganesh Pandals at Khetwadi are not ornately done-up the Ganpati Idols themselves are stunning. Devotees visiting Khetwadi may also want to visit the nearby Kumbharwada Ganesh Mandals and Girgaum Ganpati Mandals.
- CENTRAL LINE FROM CHINCHPOKLI TO DADAR: The Central railway area from Chinchpokli to Lalbaug to Parel to Dadar has some of the most famous Ganesh Idols in Mumbai. In addition to “Lalbaug Cha Raja”, other famous Ganesh Murtis in this area are “Mumbai Cha Raja” (Lalbagh Ganesh Gali), “Raja Tejukaya” (Lalbaug – society is currently under reconstruction), “Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani”, “Parel Cha Raja” (Nare Park), “Ladka Lambodar” (Rangari Badak Chawl) and many more.
- VILE PARLE AND ANDHERI: Vile Parle and Andheri are home to many amazing Ganpati Idols. The most famous is the Navsala Pavnara Andheri Cha Raja at Azad Nagar.
Ganesh Photos of the Best Idols in Ganesh Chaturthi 2017
GSB Seva Mandal Ganesh Photos, Mumbai’s Richest Mandal
(Please click on GSB Seva Mandal Ganesha Photo to Enlarge)
LOCATION: King Cirle, Sion GANESH MANDAL: GSB (Goud Saraswat Brahmin) Seva Mandal
- GSB Seva Mandal is the Richest Ganesh Mandal not just in Mumbai, but also the world.
- The tall and imposing 2017 GSB Seva Mandal Ganpati Idol is made of clay, making it an environmentally friendly Ganpati Murti. The amazing GSB Ganesh Murti is decorated with real gold and silver jewelry, which is donated by devotees.
- The basic design of the GSB Seva Mandal Ganpati Idol does not change much. Patkar Arts Avinash Patkar and Ashish Patkar are the principle designers of the GSB Seva Mandal Ganesh Idol. The GSB Ganesh Murti sits on an imposing throne.
- The GSB Seva Mandal Ganesh is installed only for five days; but this Ganesh Pandal remains open 24 hours, allowing devotees to offer their Ganesh darshan at their convenience.
GSB Seva Mandal (King Circle) Ganesh Idol Over The Years
- 2014 GSB Seva Mandal Ganpati Murti Pictures
- 2014 GSB Seva Mandal Ganpati Murti Photos
- 2013 GSB Seva Mandal Idol Image during Ganesh Chaturthi
- 2012 GSB Seva Mandal Ganpati Photos
Lalbaug Cha Raja 2017 – Mumbai’s Most Famous Ganesh
(Please click on the 2017 Lalbaug Cha Raja Ganesh Photo to Enlarge)
LOCATION: Lalbaug (East)
GANESH MANDAL: Lalbaugcha Raja Sarvajanik Ganesh Mandal
- Lalbaug Cha Raja is Mumbai’s most famous Ganesh Idol during Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Lalbaugcha Raja is also Mumbai’s most visited Ganpati. It is estimated that 10 Lakh (1 Million) devotes visit Lalbaug Cha Raja every year. One reason why so many people visit this Ganesh is because it is believed to be a wish fulfilling (“Icchapurti”) Ganpati.
- The theme for the 2017 “Lalbaug Cha Raja” Ganesh Pandal is Gajraj Mahal. “Lalbaugcha Raja” sits on a tortoise throne.
- The main Lalbaug Cha Raja Ganesh idol (murti) remains the same every year. This is one reason why there is high recall for this famous Ganpati Idol. Lalbaug Cha Raja is made the Kambli family.
- Lalbagh Cha Raja Ganesh Mandal started in 1934 and its popularity is growing with each passing year. In 2017, there is some controversy regarding finances and a government official will be monitoring this year’s donations.
Lalbaug Cha Raja Ganesh Pictures From Previous Years
- 2016 Lalbaugcha Raja Ganpati Photos and Ganesh Pandal
- 2015 Lalbaug Cha Raja Ganpati Photos and Ganesh Pandal
- 2014 Lalbagh Cha Raja Ganpati Photos
- 2012 Lalbaugcha Raja Ganesh Photos
Khetwadi Cha Ganraj (Lane 12) Among Best 2017 Ganesh
(Please click on Khetwadicha Ganraj Ganesh Picture to Enlarge)
LOCATION: Khetwadi Lane 12 (Gali 12)
GANESH MANDAL: 12th Khetwadi Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mandal
- The 14 Lanes of Khetwadi have the largest collection of big Ganpati Pandals during Ganesh Chaturthi. Most of the Khetwadi Ganesh Mandals have large creative Ganesh Murtis (Idols). Among these amazing Ganpatis, “Khetwadi Cha Ganraj” (Khetwadi Lane 12) Ganesh Pandal is the grandest. The Khetwadi Galli 12 (Lane 12) has been consistently winning awards for the Best Ganesh Mandal in Mumbai.
- Khetwadi Lane 12 Ganesh Pandal (enclosure) is artistically decorated. In 2017 the Khetwadi Lane 12 Ganesh Pandal is inspired by the movie “Bahubali”. “Khetwadi Cha Ganraj” organizers have beautifully used lighting, colour, chandeliers, statues and decorative cloth to create a set fit for Lord Ganesh. Music and air-conditioning add to the visitor experience.
- The Khetwadicha Ganraj Pandal has two levels and is spacious. Devotees enter from the first floor and then descent to the lower floor. This way a devotee gets a 180 degree view of “Khetwadi Cha Ganraj” from the top and from its feet.
- The “Khetwadi Cha Ganraj” Ganesh Idol is made by Raju Shinde and its design has not changed for many years.
Khetwadi Lane 12 Ganesh Photos From Earlier Years
- 2016 Khetwadi Cha Ganraj (Galli 12) Ganpati Photo
- 2015 Khetwadi Lane 12 (Khetwadi Cha Ganraj) Ganesh Photo
- 2014 Khetwadi Cha Ganraj (Galli 11) Ganpati Pictures
- 2013 Khetwadi Lane 11 (Kethwadicha Ganraj) Ganpati Image
- 2012 Khetwadi Galli 11 Ganesh Chaturthi Ganpati Photos
Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani Famous Mumbai Ganesh
(Please click on Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani Ganpati Pic to Enlarge)
LOCATION: Outside Chinchpokli Railway Station
GANESH MANDAL: Chinchpokli Sarvajanik Utsav Mandal
- Started in 1920 “Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani” is among the oldest and most famous Ganesh Idols in Mumbai.
- 2017 Ganesh Chaturthi Festivals in Mumbai started on a sad note. Famous Mumbai Ganesh Murtikar (Sculptor) Vijay Khatu passed away on 26 July, 2017. This was just one month before the start of Ganesh Chaturthi. “Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani” Ganesh is among the many famous Ganpati Murtis that Mr Vijay Khatu made over the years. Mr Khatu had made the designs of many of his statues before his death. The 2017 “Chinchpoklicha Chintamani” Ganesh idol is the last by Vijay Khatu.
- The basic shape of “Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani” Ganpati Idol changes slightly from year to year. In keeping with its stature, “Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani” Ganpati is house in an impressive Ganesh Pandal. The 2017 “Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani” Ganesh looks like a King sitting on his impressive throne.
More Ganesh Photos of Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani
- 2016 Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani Ganpati Idol Pictures
- 2015 Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani Ganesh Idol Pictures
- 2014 Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani Ganpati Photos
- 2013 Chinchpoklicha Chintamani Ganesh Chaturthi Photos
- 2012 Chinchpokli Cha Chintamani Ganesh Pictures
2017 Mumbai Cha Maharaja Khetwadi Lane 11 Ganesh Photos
(Please click on the Ganesh Picture of Mumbai Cha Maharaja to Enlarge)
LOCATION: Khetwadi Galli 11 (Lane 11)
GANESH MANDAL: Khetwadi 11 Galli Sarvajanik Ganeshotsav Mandal
- The Khetwadi Lane 11 Ganpati is popularly known as “Mumbai Cha Maharaja”.
- Year after year the Khetwadi Lane 11 Mandal presents a different and very creative Ganesh Murti. In 2017 too, the Mandal produced a tall and artistic Ganesh. The top half of the 2017 “Mumbai Cha Maharaja” Ganesh Idol is a conventional eight hand Purple Ganpati, but the bottom half is a fish.
- The 2017 Khetwadi Lane 11 Ganesh Idol seems to be modelled on “Matsya” (or “Malsya”), which is the fish form of Lord Vishnu. This also explains why the top part of the Ganesh is Purple in colour.
- The 2017 “Mumbai Cha Maharaja” Ganesh Idol is kept in a nice Pandal which is decorated with hanging lanterns.
- “Mumbai Cha Maharaja” (Khetwadi Lane 11) Ganesh Murti is made by the famous late Vijay Khatu.
- “Mumbaicha Maharaja” has been at Khetwadi Galli 11 since 1962. It’s among the most famous Ganpati Murtis in Mumbai.
More Ganesh Pics of Mumbaicha Maharaja (Khetwadi Lane 11)
- 2016 Khetwadi Gali 11 Mumbaicha Maharaja Ganesh Images
- 2015 Khetwadi Gali 11 Mumbaicha Maharaja Ganesh Pictures
- 2014 Khetwadi Galli 11 Mumbaicha Maharaja Ganpati Photos
- 2013 Khetwadi Lane 11 Mumbaicha Maharaja Ganpati Photos
- 2012 Khetwadi Galli 11 Mumbai Cha Maharaja Ganesh Photos
Ganesh Visarjan in Mumbai – Routes, Places and Maps
These are links to the main Ganpati Visarjan Points in Mumbai. Route Map and direction for Ganesh Visarjan are shown in these links.
- Ganesh Visarjan in South Mumbai (Girgaon Chowpatty)
- Detailed Ganpati Visarjan Map for Chowpatty
- Lalbaug Cha Raja Visarjan Route
- Map of Ganapati Visarjan at Dadar and Shivaji Park
- Route of Ganesh Visarjan (Immersion) at Juhu Beach
- Ganpati Immersion (Visarjan) at Versova Beach
- Map of Ganesh Visarjan at Bhujale Talao (Malad West)
- Ganpati Murti Visarjan at Marve Beach and Aksa Beach
- Ganpati Visarjan at Gorai Jetty, Borivali (West)
- Ganesh Murti Visarjan at Sheetal Talao in Kurla (West)
- Map for Ganpati Visarjan at Powai Lake, Pawarwadi
- Photos Of 2016 Mumbai Ganesh Chaturthi, Ganesh Idols
- Photos of 2015 Ganpati Idols, Ganesh Chaturthi in Mumbai
- Pictures of 2014 Ganpati Idols and Ganesh Chaturthi in Mumbai
- Pictures of 2013 Ganpati Idols and Ganesh Chaturthi in Mumbai
- Pictures of 2012 Ganesh Idols in Mumbai
- Ganpati Visarjan in Mumbai: Location and Route Map
- Navratri Festival and Garba in Mumbai
- Famous Hindu Temples and Places of Worship in Mumbai
- Mumbai Religion, Mumbai Festivals, Temples, Mosques, Churches