NOTE: Please visit this link for 2017 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival Schedule and Events.
Schedule and Events of Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, 2015
Please click on the below PDF Link for the FULL SCHEDULE of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2015. PDF has all events, venues, and timings of the 2015 Kala Ghoda Festival. (Daily schedules are listed further below).
Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is one of the largest cultural art festivals not just in India, but in the world. Kala Ghoda Festival has over 400 multicultural events across 12 categories. ALL EVENTS at the nine days Kala Ghoda Festival are FREE to the public.
Daily Schedule and Events at Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
Listed below are links to the day-wise schedule of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival, 2015. Please click on the links to view the schedule.
- 7 Feb, 2015 (Sat) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 8 Feb, 2015 (Sun) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 9 Feb, 2015 (Mon) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 10 Feb, 2015 (Tue) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 11 Feb, 2015 (Wed) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 12 Feb, 2015 (Thur) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 13 Feb, 2015 (Fri) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 14 Feb, 2015 (Sat) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
- 15 Feb, 2015 (Sun) Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival, 2015
Start and End Dates of the 2015 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
- Start Date of Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2015: 7 February, 2015 (Saturday)
- End Date of Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2015: 15 February, 2015 (Sunday)
Location and Venue of Events at 2015 Kala Ghoda Festival
[Please note that the events and venues for Kala Ghoda Festival 2015 are yet to be finalized. The below list is based on the venues for the 2014 festival.]
Venue of various KGAF 2015 events and programs is as follows:
- Children Events at KGAF 2015: Museum Garden (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Gardens), Kitab Khana, Horniman Circle Gardens
- Dance Events at KGAF 2015: Cross Maidan Garden
- Movies and Film Programs at KGAF 2015: Coomaraswamy Hall (Museum Ground Floor), Hall at the entrance of the Museum (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maha Vastu Sangrahalaya), Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) Auditorium, Visitor’s Centre
- Theatre Plays at KGAF 2015: Horniman Circle Garden, NGMA Auditorium, M. C. Ghia Hall (K Dubash Marg, Kala Ghoda), Gallery Beyond (Great Western Building, next to Church of St Andrew)
- Literature Discussions and Events at KGAF 2015: David Sassoon Library Garden, Kitab Khana, Max Mueller Bhavan (MMB) Library, Tarq (F35/36 Dhanraj Mahal, Near Gateway of India)
- Music Concerts and Programs at KGAF 2015: Asiatic Library Steps (Town Hall), Cross Maidan Garden
- Food Programs at KGAF 2015: Workshops at Westside Store
- Street Events at KGAF 2015: Rampart Row (K Dubash Marg, Kala Ghoda)
- Workshops at KGAF 2015: Artisans (near Rhythm House), Artists Centre (Rampart Row, K Dubash Marg), Starbucks (Horniman Circle)
- Heritage Walks at KGAF 2015: Regal Bus Stop and other locations around South Mumbai
- Visual Arts installations: Along Rampart Row, in the Parking Triangle outside Jehangir Art Gallery, Cross Maidan, Museum Garden, David Sassoon Library
- Urban Design and Architecture at KGAF 2015: Darbar Hall at Asiatic Library (Town Hall)
Map of Venues Where Events of Kala Ghoda Festival Are Held
Most activites at the Kala Ghoda Festival take place in and around “K Dubash Marg” (also known as Kala Ghoda Road). Due to a High Court ban, music and dance events have been moved to Cross Maidan. The below map shows the venues where the events of the Kala Ghoda Art Festival are held.
How To Reach Kala Ghoda?
The closest Local Railway stations to Kala Ghoda are “Churchgate Station” on the Western Railway Line (1.5 Kms) and “VT/CST” on the Central Railway Line (1.5 Kms).
From both these stations, there are many buses to Kala Ghoda. Take any bus that goes to Fort, Regal or Colaba. They all stop near Kala Ghoda.
Visitors can also walk to Kala Ghoda from Churchgate and VT Stations.
Organizers of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is organized by the “Kala Ghoda Association”. Art galleries, cultural institutions and individuals from the Mumbai’s Kala Ghoda precinct formed the “Kala Ghoda Association” to conserve the unique heritage of Kala Ghoda – Mumbai’s premier art district. In addition to organizing India’s largest cultural art festival, the association is also involved in improving the physical infrastructure in and around Kala Ghoda.
- Tourist Attractions and Walking Tour of South Mumbai
- Mumbai’s Main Tourist Attractions and Activities for the entire Family
- Top 10 Best and Most Famous Tourist Attractions in Mumbai
- Main Tourist Attractions in Mumbai
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2013 – Visual Art Installations
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2013
- Useful Tips for Visitors to Kala Ghoda Festival
- Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2012