Mumbai’s Kala Ghoda Festival is one of the biggest free art and cultural festival in the world. With over 600 events spread over 9 days, the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival attracts large crowds. All events and activities at the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival are FREE.
For the complete Kala Ghoda Festival schedule 2019, please visit visit this link to the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival website.
Start and End Dates of 2019 Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
The Kala Ghoda Festival starts on the first Saturday in February. The Kala Ghoda Festival goes on for 9 days and ends on the second Sunday of February.
START DATE OF KALA GHODA FESTIVAL 2019: 2 February, 2019 (Saturday)
END DATE OF KALA GHODA FESTIVAL 2019: 10 February, 2019 (Sunday)
Events and Schedule of Kala Ghoda Festival 2019
Please visit the Kala Ghoda Association website for the full schedule of events.
In 2019, the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (KGAF) has events in 14 categories.
- Children Events at KGAF 2019: Museum Garden (Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Gardens). Children Literature events will be held at Kitab Khana, which is on the ground floor of Somaiya Bhavan near Flora Fountain statue.
- Theatre Plays at KGAF 2019: Horniman Circle Garden (Fort), National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA), M. C. Ghia Hall (Kala Ghoda Road), Gallery Beyond (Great Western Building).
- Dance Events at KGAF 2019: Cross Maidan Gardens. Dance Workshops at Somaiya Centre (near Flora Fountain statue) and Artisans.
- Movies and Films at KGAF 2019: Coomaraswamy Hall (CSMVS Museum Ground Floor), Visitor’s Centre (near entrance of Museum), Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS Ground Floor).
- Food Programs at KGAF 2019: Westside (Army Navy Building), Cross Maidan, David Sassoon Library, Wisk (Kala Ghoda), Artists’ Centre.
- Literature Events at KGAF 2019: David Sassoon Library Garden, Artist’s Centre, Kitab Khana (ground floor of Somaiya Bhavan near Flora Fountain statue), Artisans
- Music at KGAF 2019: Asiatic Society Library Steps, Cross Maidan Garden, Boston Butt (1st Floor Rampart Row).
- Heritage Walks at KGAF 2019: At different locations in South Mumbai.
- Street Events at KGAF 2019: Rampart Row (Kala Ghoda Road, aka K. Dubash Road), Cross Maidan Ground.
- Stalls at KGAF 2019: Rampart Row (Kala Ghoda Road, aka K. Dubash Road), Cross Maidan Ground. NGO stalls will be put up on K Dubash Road (Kala Ghoda Road), Museum Garden.
- Visual Arts Installations at KGAF 2019: Along Rampart Row (K Dubash Road), in the Parking Triangle outside Jehangir Art Gallery, Cross Maidan, Museum Garden, Commaraswamy Hall (Museum), Art Entrance, Gallery 7, David Sassoon Library, Artists’ Centre. Art talk will be held at Tarq.
- Workshops at KGAF 2019: Artisans, Artists’ Centre, Somaiya Centre (Somaiya Bhavan near Flora Fountain statue), Museum Garden (CSMVS), Jehangir Art Gallery, David Sassoon Library, The Atelier (Rampart House).
- Standup Comedy at KGAF 2019: Irish House (Kala Ghoda Road)
- Urban Design and Architecture at KGAF 2019: Max Mueller Bhavan.
Venue of Events at Kala Ghoda Festival 2019
Events at Kala Ghoda Arts Festival are held in and around “Kala Ghoda” which is a precinct in South Mumbai. Following a Bombay High Court order, use of loud speakers has been disallowed at K Dubash Road (Kala Ghoda Road, also called Rampert Row). Music and Dance events have been moved to Cross Maidan near Churchgate Railway Station.
The closest Local train stations to reach Kala Ghoda are Churchgate (Western Railways) and CST (Central Railway and Harbour Line).
Map of Venues of Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2019
Kala Ghoda is also known as K Dubash Marg. This map shows the location of Kala Ghoda Festival events.
Organizers of the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
Kala Ghoda Association (KGA) has been organizing the Kala Ghoda Arts Festival since 1999.
Kala Ghoda Association was formed in 1998 with the objective of focusing on South Mumbai’s Kala Ghoda area. Kala Ghoda is considered the Art precinct of Mumbai. Kala Ghoda is home to Art Galleries, Museums, Designer Shops, multi cuisine Restaurants, Bars and historic Heritage Buildings based on Indo-Saracenic and Art-Deco styles of architecture.
Kala Ghoda Association works towards the beautification and conservation of the Kala Ghoda area.
- One Day Walking Tour And Map of Mumbai’s Main Tourist Places
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2016
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2015
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2014
- Best Places To See And Best Things To Do In Mumbai
- Mumbai’s Top 10 Best And Most Famous Tourist Attractions
- Top 10 Best College Festivals in Mumbai