Complaint against Mumbai Auto or Mumbai Taxi or Mumbai Bus Service
If you have faced harassment at the hands of a Mumbai Auto or Mumbai Taxi driver or Mumbai Bus Service, then there are 2 methods of registering a complaint:
1] Mumbai Regional Transport Offices (RTO) and Mumbai Traffic Police
Mumbai Traffic Police accepts complaints against the below three and forwards it to the respective Mumbai Regional Transport Offices (RTO) office for processing.
- Complaint against Mumbai Auto (auto rickshaw)
- Complaint against Mumbai Taxi or Cab
- Complaint against Mumbai Buses
There are 4 ways of raising a Mumbai Autorickshaw, Mumbai Taxi or BEST Bus Complaint with the Mumbai Traffic Police and Mumbai RTO
a] Toll Free Help Line “1800-22-0110” for Raising Mumbai Auto, Taxi or Bus Complaint
STEPS TO REGISTER A COMPLAINT
- “1800220110” is a toll free interactive system where the complaint information is recorded and stored on the police computer database.
- Complainant needs to provide following information:
- Vehicle number and type (auto, taxi, bus). In case of BEST bus, the number of the bus.
- Date and time of occurrence of the complaint
- Place of occurrence of the complaint
- Nature of the complaint with details
- Date of complaint
- Name, address, email-id and contact number of the person raising the complaint. As per the Mumbai traffic police, complainant’s name is not disclosed.
- The complaint is then forwarded to the respective RTO where the problem occurred.
- The RTO’s prosecution branch issues a show cause notice and sends it to the taxi/auto driver’s registered address.
- The errant taxi or auto driver has 14 days to respond to the show cause notice.
- In case the RTO is not satisfied with the driver’s response, the driver’s license is suspended for 15 days and a fine is imposed.
- If the driver does not respond in the allocated 14 days, officials of the RTO try to track him down.
- In case RTO officials are not able to track the taxi/auto driver, then they take up the case with the driver when he/she comes for annual renewal of taxi/auto license.
b] Online Complaint on Mumbai Traffic Police Website
Fill an Online Complaint Form on the Mumbai Traffic Police Website for Raising Mumbai Auto, Taxi or BEST Bus Complaint.
c] Email Complaint to Mumbai Transport Commissioner and RTO
Email to Mumbai Transport Commissioner and Relevant RTO for Raising Bombay Auto, Taxi or BEST Bus Complaint
Complaint against Mumbai Auto, Mumbai Taxi or BEST Bus can be emailed to the following:
d] Mumbai Auto, Taxi or BEST Bus Complaint with RTO
Raise Mumbai Autorickshaw, Taxi or BEST Bus Complaint at One of the Six RTOs in Mumbai
Visit one of the below six Mumbai RTOs where the problem occurred to raise a complaint. For BEST buses, complaint books are available at the depot of the respective BEST bus.
[Note: Address and phone number of Mumbai RTO (Regional Transport Offices) is at the bottom of the article]
2] Anna Hazare’s India Against Corruption SMS at 9869089898 and Complaint Website “sitibajao.com” against Mumbai Auto
To tackle the ill treatment of Mumbai residents by Mumbai Autorickshaw drivers, Anna Hazare’s “India Against Corruption” has started a SMS complaint registration system (9869089898) and a complaint website (sitibajao.com). Complaints can be sent in Hindi or English.
a] SMS Complaint against Mumbai Auto Drivers to 9869089898
i) SMS your Mumbai autorickshaw related complaint to Anna Hazare’s India Against Corruption SMS 98690 89898.
ii) 5 types are complaints are registered – Overcharging, Refusal, No Meter, Fast Meter, Rude Driver.
iii) Hindi Keywords for the above 5 complaints are
iv) English Keywords for the above 5 complaints are
v) SMS should have the following 3 information
- Complaint keyword
- Auto Number
- Location of Complaint
Example of SMS: Refused MH02AH4598 Andheri or Ref MH02AH4598 Andh or Manakiya MH02AH4598 Andheri or Man MH02AH4598 Andh
vi) Anna Hazare’s India Against Corruption will take up your complaint with the RTO.
[Note: Please find SMS instructions at the bottom of the article. These instructions have been taken from the India Against Corruption website.]
b] Register a Complaint Against Mumbai Auto drivers at “sitibajao.com”
Register a Complaint Against Mumbai Auto drivers at Anna Hazare’s India Against Corruption Complaint Website “sitibajao.com”
Complaint against Mumbai auto drivers can also be raised at Anna Hazare’s India Against Corruption Complaint Website “sitibajao.com”.
Mumbai Taxi Tariff Card for Black and Yellow cabs
Mumbai Autorickshaw Tariff Card
SMS instructions from the India Against Corruption website
Some tips about sending SMS requests about rickshaw-related malpractices:
(1) Please use the following format: <Keyword> <RickshawNumber> <StationName>. Send messages to 98 69 08 98 98.
(2) Please use any of the following keywords only: Jyadabhada, ExcessFare, ManaKiya, Refused, NoMeter, MeterKharab, FastMeter, Badtameezi, Rude.
(3) Please use only the first four letters of the keyword.
(4) KEEP NO SPACE within the keyword. “ManaKiya” -> Allowed. “Mana” -> Allowed. “Mana Kiya” -> NOT Allowed.
(5) Please KEEP NO SPACE within the rickshaw number. “MH04J1234” -> Allowed. “MH 04J 1234” -> NOT Allowed.
(6) Keep one space each between keyword & rickshaw number, and between rickshaw number and station name.
Example: “Mana MH04J1234 Churchgate” -> Allowed. “Mana Kiya MH 04J 1234 Church gate” -> NOT Allowed.
(7) Please send only your specific well-formatted SMS requests on the helpline. We have received several messages with compliments and suggestions, and we thank you for those, however, our system can process only well-formatted SMS requests, and it ignores other sentences. We request your cooperation with the same.
Address and phone number of Mumbai RTO (Regional Transport Offices)
1] Regional Transport Office – RTO in Andheri
Address: Regional Transport Office, D/111, Ambivali Village, Versova Road, Near Manish Nagar, Andheri (West), Mumbai, Pincode – 400053.
Telephone Number: 6362252, 26366957, 26319821
2] Regional Transport Office – RTO in Ghatkopar
Telephone Number: 25115202
3] Regional Transport Office – RTO in Thane
Telephone Number: 25340474
4] Regional Transport Office – RTO in Worli
Address: 25/Sir Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Pincode : 400025, Mumbai
Telephone Number: 25340474
5] Regional Transport Office – RTO in Wadala
Address: B/2, 3rd Flr, Wadala Truck Terminal, Wadala Road, Pincode : 400037
6] Regional Transport Office – RTO In Tardeo
Address: Old Bodyguard Lane, Tulsiwadi Tardeo, Mumbai, Pincode – 400034.
Telephone Number: 24944600, 24932337, 24944601, 24944602
- Latest Mumbai Local Suburban Train Ticket Fare
- Latest Mumbai Taxi and Auto Rickshaw Fare
- Mumbai Private Taxi Fleet and their Tariff
- Latest Route and Ticket Fare for Mumbai BEST Buses
- Map, Fare and Stations for Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar Mumbai Metro Corridor
- New Metros, Monorail, Expressway, Roads, Bridges in Mumbai
- Complaint procedure against BEST Bus and Mumbai Taxi or Auto
- Accidents and Deaths on Mumbai’s Suburban Local Trains.
- Mumbai’s Eastern Freeway Road
Image by Chingkhei Nganba Sapam. Image used under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Image by Jan Koch. Image used under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Image by John Gulliver. Image used under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
Image by Deepankar Raj. Image used under Creative Commons license CC BY-NC 2.0