- Bhelpuri Started In Mumbai. Bhel Puri is a snack that is popular all over India.
- Bhelpuri is a mix of the North Indian Chaat and Gujarati Snack Food. Its a mix of puffed rice, green and sweet chutney, chopped onions, potatoes, tomatoes, sev, coriander, lemon and raw mango.
- The Street side Bhelpuri trade is dominated by vendors from UP and North India.
- Typically a Bhel Puri vendor also sells “Sev-Puri”, “Ragda-Pattice” and Pani Puri.
- Please visit this article for more info on food started in Mumbai and unique to Mumbai.
Image by stu_spivack. Image taken from Wikimedia Commons. Image is lis licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license. Image has been altered.